The voluntary sector is working to empower people with disabilities in various ways. These include:
- Advocacy and lobbying work to improve the government’s commitment to empowering disabled people, and ensuring that disabled people aren’t discriminated against.
- Empowering people with disabilities, with a special focus on those within the most vulnerable groups of society.
- Raising public awareness of disability issues.
- Developing outreach projects for disabled people.
- Providing educational opportunities to disabled people.
- Forming associations for parents of children with disabilities.